“Dataiku is probably the only true end-to-end platform in the market and an incredible bridge between multiple choices of computation and storage for data science. Path to production becomes support straightforward with the API deployer, and the bundling from Dataiku towards automate is a very straightforward way to deploy data science use-cases across an enterprise.”
– VP of Data Science, Services Industry
What is Dataiku DSS?
The platform that systemizes the use of data and AI, bringing people together to deliver amazing business results. The product has the capabilities to do:
- Data Preparation
- Data Visualization
- Machine Learning
- Data Ops
- ML Ops
- Analytics Apps
Installing Dataiku DSS on Windows
Where is Dataiku DSS set up?
- Visit the page: Dataiku Website(https://www.dataiku.com/product/get-started/)
- Let us select the option “Select our System”, and click on the button as shown in the image above.
Installing Virtual Box
- A pop up box will appear as displayed in the image above. Choose Windows as your Operating System and click on “Instructions”.
- The next step is to install virtual Box in windows (https://www.virtualbox.org/). If you already have a virtual box please skip this step.
- Download the latest version of VirtualBox (on the day of the blog post available version is 6.1).
- The right way is to choose a stable and latest version. As shown in the image VirtualBox 6.1 remains the latest and most durable.
- Click on the “Window hosts”, and your download of Virtual box should start.
Download Dataiku DSS image
- Meanwhile, the downloading of the VirtualBox has started you may start to download the “Dataiku DSS Image” mentioned in Step 2 on this URL: https://www.dataiku.com/product/get-started/virtualbox/
- Your download of DSS Virtual machine must have started.
How to set up Dataiku on Windows 8/10/11.
- After, the VirtualBox is downloaded. Click on the .exe file, and follow the instructions to install the Virtual box successfully on your system.
- At this step make sure that VirtualBox (successfully installed), and the downloaded Dataiku DSS image both are on your computer.
- Open the VirtualBox and import the image of Dataiku (Watch the video for more)
- Now, your Dataiku is ready to run. A black screen should appear with details such as Dataiku address, Dataiku login ID, and Dataiku Password
- It might ask you to write your ID and Password at this moment. Surprisingly both are ‘dataiku’ (with lower ‘d’).
- Now, follow the mentioned steps and wait for couple more minutes till you receive the message to open your browser – it is often http://127.0.0.1:10000
- To launch the Dataiku, open your browser and paste http://127.0.0.1:10000. Dataiku will start to run in your system successfully.
- If this is your first time installing Dataiku, it will ask you to fill out a form to receive your credentials. Please again refer to the video.
- Now your Dataiku is ready. Enjoy, and follow my blog for good content.
Make your 1st machine learning model in Dataiku
Your next step to becoming a successful Dataiku developer, and Data scientist follow me and read the blog: